Deepavali is upon us, and we know most of you are looking forward to celebrating this festive season at its firework-free, sustainable best! Here are some of our recommendations for ways to be environmentally conscious while entertaining guests.
- Light up the place Going firework-free doesn’t have to be dull and boring. With an endless variety of colourful and vibrant candle-holders and lamps available in the market, the usual firework displays will be soon forgotten.
- Plating up The Deepavali season is a time for food, sweets and snacks. At your Deepavali party, ditch the plastic plates and cutlery for eco friendly options. There are many options available in the market such as bamboo, palm leaf, Jackfruit fiber and banana fiber plates.
- Gift sustainable Unsure of what to gift your loved ones? Journals made with recycled paper, upcycled accessories and organic skincare products all make thoughtful additions to your gift hamper. Present them wrapped in newspaper or put them in a fashionable cloth bag.
- Rethink the return gifts Reaching for the plastic bags to put your return gifts in? Check out cloth options instead. Your guests will appreciate their reusability during their next visit to the grocery store.
- Cleaning up! Chances are, there’s leftover food at the end of the party. Instead of cling wraps and aluminium foils, use a beeswax food wrap or an organic cotton bag to store food while keeping them fresh for as long as possible
With eco friendly habits becoming increasingly common, going sustainable has never been easier. So Share your best festive wishes, happiness and the eco-conscious message of a sustainable lifestyle. Have a happy Deepavali!